Monday, October 1, 2007

Piece about myself as a writer:)

Writing is something that has always come naturally to me. Writing is not necessarily something I enjoy doing, but I dont believe its one of my weaknesses. However, I do know that I need to develop a more complex manner of developing my thoughts. I tend to understand the broad overview of many things, but often forget to analyze the more vague or underlying message. I am hoping to improve in this area of my writing. Also, I believe another one of my weaknesses in writing is my flow of words. Often times, I skip from one topic to another with no connection at all. I really need to concentrate on focusing on one topic at a time so the reader can better understand what i am talking about. I also to to include larger vocabulary and better transition sentences. One area of writing I believe is my strength is correcting gramatical errors and improving sentence structure. Often times, after revising and editing my essays I realize I have made many gramatical errors; however, they are easy to correct because I believe I have relatively correct form when it comes to grammar. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my writing skills, but i know there is a lot of room for improvement.

No comments: